INTERNAL QUALITY ASSURANCE CELL (IQAC)
As per the guidelines of the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) the Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) of our institution was established by management and Principal in year 2018. It is formed to enhance the quality of an educational institution. IQAC is to develop a system for apprehensive, compatible and impetus improvement in the overall performance of the institution. It will focus in all efforts and measures of the institution towards nurturing in academic excellence.
Strategies of IQAC
The Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) of Surya Engineering College plays a vital role in ensuring and enhancing the quality of education and overall institutional functioning. The strategies followed to the overall improvement of performance and ability to provide high-quality education to students.
- Working for the development and Application of quality Benchmarks.
- Involving in continuous Monitoring and Evaluation of Academic and Administrative processes.
- Maintaining proper feedback mechanism.
- To prepare Annual Quality Assurance Report(AQAR)
- Collaborating and working towards the achievement and maintaining accreditation for the institution.
- Implementing quality enhancement initiatives.
Functions of IQAC
- Facilitating the creation collaborative learning environment.
- To promote and support the professional development of faculty and staff members.
- To ensure adequate student support and welfare
- To maintain and improve infrastructure and facilities.
- To encourage and support research and funding activities.
- To promote community engagement and social responsibility initiatives
- To ensure that the college complies with all regulatory bodies.
- To organise seminars, workshops, Faculty development and administrative training programs to enhance their skills and knowledge.
- To maintain comprehensive records of all IQAC activities including meeting minutes reports and documentation related to accreditation and quality improvement initiatives.
- To foster effective communication and coordination among various departments and stakeholders within the college to ensure a cohesive approach to quality enhancements.
- Maintenance of institutional database through campus management system.
- Regular conduct of Academic and Administrative Audit and its feedback follow-up.
- Documenting of various programme and activities conducted to the leading to the quality improvement.
Benefits of IQAC
- IQAC enhance Quality of Education
- IQAC promote a culture of continuous improvement.
- It takes effort to maintain and enhance quality that can lead to institutional accreditation and recognition.
- IQAC encourage innovative teaching and learning practices, which can lead to more engaging and effective educational experiences for students.
- The focus on continuous improvement ensures that quality enhancement efforts are sustainable over the long term.
- Improved quality can enhance the institution’s competitiveness on a global scale, attracting students, faculty, and collaborations from around the world.
- Through feedback mechanisms and quality enhancement initiatives, the IQAC can address the concerns and needs of various stakeholders, including students, faculty, parents, alumni and industry which leads to satisfaction.
Composition of IQAC
IQAC is under the Chairmanship of the Head of the Institution with the heads of important academic and administrative units and a few teachers and a few distinguished educationists and representatives of local management and stakeholders.
The composition of IQAC may be constituted as follows:
- Chairperson: Head of the institution
- A few senior administrative officers
- Three to eight teachers
- One member of the Management
- One/two nominees from local society, Student and Alumni
- One/two nominees from Employers/Industrialists/Stakeholders
- One of the senior teachers as the coordinator/Director of IQAC.
2022-2023 IQAC MEMBERS LIST
|Composition of IQAC
|Dr. S. Manoharan
|Prof. G. A. Shyamala
|Prof. S. Kamalkannan
|Three to Eight Teachers
|Prof. K. Kamalakannan
|Prof. V. Mahadevan
|Prof. S. Prabhu
|Prof. A. Dhamotharan
|Prof. N. Seetha
|Prof. V. Vinoth
|Nominee from the Management
|Thiru. Rtn. K. Kalaiselvan
|Secretary and Correspondent
|Nominee of Local Society
|Mr. S. Sivakumar
|Nominee of Student
|Ms. R. Saranya
|Nominee of Alumni
|Mr. K. Thamaraiselven
|Nominee of Employer
|Mr. V. Harisakthi
|Nephron Technologies, Erode
|Nominee of Industrialists
|Mr. M. Haneef Salomon
|HS Creations, Erode
|Nominee of Stakeholder
|Mr. A. Muthukumar
|KV Tech, Tirupur
|One of the senior teacher as the coordinator / Director of IQAC
|Prof. L. Kalaiselvi